Monday, January 17, 2011

Lost in translation...

One of my new year's resolutions is to try to blog more about day to day life here in Morocco, or more specifically, Casablanca. It's odd though, the things that would have been soooo crazy to me when I first moved here, that are now just part of a 'normal' day. With that said, I'm going to try to take note of things all of you back in the states might find interesting, or funny, or cool. We'll see how this goes.

I'm sort of stealing the first idea for this post from my friend Jenny, as she blogged about our school lunch menu a  week or so ago. Our school menu is printed in English since we are an English-speaking school. But, the menu items are most likely originally written in French. And, even though I know very little about speaking or reading French, I've heard something about the fact that they say their adjectives after the noun rather than before like us. Makes it tough for the kids at times, but we're working on it.

Anywaaaayyyy.  The lunch menu. Today's main item was: Brochettes of butchers w/ratatouille  (how many of you are picturing a little mouse right now? haha). Tomorrow, something called: Nems.  Wednesday, an alternate item is: Sandwich sausage. Thursday: Croquette (isn't that a lawn game?) kefta w/mashed potatoes and an alternate item that day is a Chief sandwich. Up next week we have a couple of interesting ones as well: Nuggets turkey and Lasagna fish.

These are the times that I wish I was a better cook...  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment